The weather was good and Martin took Henry dirt biking for the day, so Hayden and I set about to wrap up our Halloween out front. He has a little pumpkin that he has been wanting to paint, so we got started with his. He did a great job.
We left it to dry and then headed out for the nursery. I felt I needed some elevation for the Wolf Pumpkins.
These Fairy Tale Pumpkins did the job. We also got some ivy to fill in around the Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkins.
We made sure everything was where we wanted then started the transformation process.
This is always the hard part, because I love the brightness of the pumpkins, and wouldn't mind just leaving them this way, but we had decided the mood would be "spooky", so we got started.
Aren't they gorgeous? I love these pumpkins.
I had this silver metallic spray paint left over from a cub scout project last year.
Spray paint is my BFF. One . . .
Two . . .
Ok, Wolf Pumpkins, you're next.
This time we used Martha's black Textured Metallic and used a brush to apply it. One . . .
Two . . .
It's a little hard to tell, but our black pumpkins sparkle in the sunshine. It's a completely different effect from the black spray paint that Hayden used on his little Pie Pumpkin. We also sprayed the gourds. We ran out of time for the Jack-o-Lanterns. I will get them Monday morning and wrap this thing up. I've got some decals for the windows and I've got to re-apply one of the zombie's heads. Ribbons for the urns and anything else we can find to set the mood.