Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Day

The weather was good and Martin took Henry dirt biking for the day, so Hayden and I set about to wrap up our Halloween out front.  He has a little pumpkin that he has been wanting to paint, so we got started with his.  He did a great job.
 We left it to dry and then headed out for the nursery.  I felt I needed some elevation for the Wolf Pumpkins.
 These Fairy Tale Pumpkins did the job.  We also got some ivy to fill in around the Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkins.
 We made sure everything was where we wanted then started the transformation process.  
 This is always the hard part, because I love the brightness of the pumpkins, and wouldn't mind just leaving them this way, but we had decided the mood would be "spooky", so we got started.
 Aren't they gorgeous?  I love these pumpkins.
I had this silver metallic spray paint left over from a cub scout project last year.
 Spray paint is my BFF.  One . . .
 Two . . .
 Three!
 Ok, Wolf Pumpkins, you're next.
 This time we used Martha's black Textured Metallic and used a brush to apply it.  One . . .
 Two . . .
 Three!
It's a little hard to tell, but our black pumpkins sparkle in the sunshine.  It's a completely different effect from the black spray paint that Hayden used on his little Pie Pumpkin.  We also sprayed the gourds.  We ran out of time for the Jack-o-Lanterns.  I will get them Monday morning and wrap this thing up.  I've got some decals for the windows and I've got to re-apply one of the zombie's heads.   Ribbons for the urns and anything else we can find to set the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment