Thursday, May 24, 2012

Astounding

Martin encouraged me to rest again today, although I felt I should get up and survey the damage.  I have been in bed for nearly ten days and I had an inkling that the house might need a look-see.

I thought I would take some pictures of the "before" and "after" clean-up, but the "before" was a little shocking, so I skipped it.

I was, however, astounded at what I found.  First, I must thank my boys for trying to keep the calm in our household during my absence, but I must say their focus wasn't on housework.

Martin got everyone to every place they needed to go and made sure kids got lunches and good meals for dinner.  He did tell me that he actually loaded the dishwasher for the first time.  Hmmmm.

Anyhoo, I cleaned the stove top and all the counter tops and both bathrooms downstairs.  Yikes.  It took me over an hour to get it done.  Than I pooped out and rested until the boys came home from school.  Not exactly the miraculous recovery I was hoping for, but my injections are doing the trick for now.  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment