Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What a Crock

 I found this recipe. Thought I'd give it a whirl.  I slotted it in to be prepared in the morning of a busy afternoon day - after all, it said it was a crock pot meal.  I read the recipe. I read it again.  It's not a crock pot recipe.  The recipe picture shows the chicken and dumplings in a crock. pot.  Well, there wouldn't be time to make dumplings, etc. on a busy afternoon day, so I postponed it and we made it on Sunday.
 With Martin being gone, I put the boys to work.  Hayden helped me cut out the dumplings while Henry made the broth.
 Here are our lovely pre-cooked dumplings on our newest melamine plate that I found on the clearance shelf at Target.  Score - less than a buck.  I got six.
 My job was to shred the chicken - it was left over from the roast chicken we had a few days earlier.  Total time?  About 25 minutes.  We had it with a green salad and I have to say it is a keeper.
I didn't have a job for Sam to do, but I know he really wanted to help me with the chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Maybe you could make this when I come to Texas.

    ReplyDelete