Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Heart is Broken

Yesterday, time stood still.  I got the news of the shooting just before I left to pick up Hayden from school.  I scoured the internet and felt the heaviness enter into my heart.  I shed some tears.  Babies.  They were just babies.

Today, I tried to get back into things, but my heart was heavy.  We talked about the events as a family and the thought just kept coming to me:  Who would harm one of these little ones?  Sweet babies.

A friend send me this in an email.  It helped.

"Christmas is a time for remembering the Son of God and renewing our determination to take upon us His name. It is a time to reassess our lives and examine our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Let this be a time of remembrance, of gratitude, and a time of forgiveness. Let it be a time to ponder the Atonement of Jesus Christ and its meaning for each of us personally. Let it especially be a time of renewal and recommitment to live by the word of God and to obey His commandments. By doing this, we honor Him far more than we ever could with lights, gifts, or parties."
—Dieter F. Uchtdorf

These babies have all gone home to a Heavenly Father who loves them.

It is good to be reminded of what is most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment