Monday, April 7, 2014

Woo Hoo and Boo Hoo

Woo Hoo!  We had General Conference this weekend and I LOVED it.  I do, however, feel guilty for glaring at my boys.  Often.  Sometimes I even scolded them for talking too much during the talks.  Sometimes I even got a little annoyed and maybe a tiny bit snappy, especially when they told me they were - Heaven help us - BORED!

Henry even asked me when I started finding value in General Conference, because he just couldn't.  I told him that on my mission was probably the first time that I felt a real connection to General Conference, and then I remembered all the times as a teenager that I sat in front of the TV in my pajamas and thought I was going to die from BOREDOM.  Yes, true confessions right here.

He also asked me about the women who were causing a problem on Temple Square and I informed him of the Ordain Women movement.  I gave him a piece of my mind and probably stressed my opinion a little too emphatically.  He said,  "Mom,  I only asked who they were."  Even Martin gave me the "Calm Down"  sign.

Anyhoo,  today was a Boo Hoo.  Hayden went off to Fifth Grade Camp.  All. By.  Himself.  I have been worrying about him.  It's been raining and windy and cold.  Saturday we had tornado warnings.  Yesterday it rained.  Today we had 55 mph winds and to our east we could see some funnels trying to touch down. They wouldn't let the students take their cell phones with them, so I can't even call him to see if he's all right.

Sniff.  Sniff.  He'll be home Wednesday afternoon - probably malnourished and sick with fever.  Why did I let my baby go?  Looks like I've got to grow up sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment