Friday, August 15, 2014

The Land Near Austin, TX

 We've been back a few days now, but I wanted to document our little trip to southern Texas.  Our plan was to go to New Braunfels and swim at Schlitterbahn.  It's a giganto water park and we felt we owed it to the boys.  You have to go through Austin to get there and it's on theway to San Antonio.  I was told by a friend not to drive through Austin.  The traffic is terrible and it take twice as long.  So I looked at the map and what did I find?  Going around Austin took us through Lockhart, TX!  Duh.  It is supposed to be on of the best havens for BBQ in the world.  Well, maybe not the world, but definitely Texas.
 It was suggested that we do the BBQ Walk and taste test at all of the BBQ restaurants, but, as good as it sounds, that's just a little too much meat for me.  So we decided on Black's.  It's supposed to be the best.  Hands down.
 We were not disappointed.  And I cannot believe I didn't photograph any of the meat.  Martin had a beef rib with meat on it the size of my head.  Well, we ate.  That's all I'm going to say because I can't do justice to how much we really ate.  I am, however, going to show you the craziest thing that totally put me into a coma - pecan cobbler.  Holy Toledo, I'm fat.
 I had to walk when it was all over. The town was pure Texas and German!  Much of the Austin area is old German settlements.
  You can see it in some of the architecture.  Funky.
Here we are at our Bed and Breakfast, an old German mansion home in Seguin, TX.  Just outside of New Braunfels and San Marcos - home of the most awesomest Outlet Mall ever.  I think Martin captures the mood of the evening better than I can say it.

I'll wrap this up tomorrow.  Just thinking of all that food is making me sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment