Thursday, December 5, 2013

Updates

As of about an hour ago, we became trapped.  We are enjoying a rousing winter ice storm and they already called off school for tomorrow.  Since the State of Texas owns no winter road equipment, we will be trapped inside until it warms up enough to melt the icy roads.

In the meantime I am recovering from this week's activities.

For Family Home Evening on Monday, we drew our family Christmas gift names.  I got Martin.  Hayden got me.  I already know what he's going to get me.  Obviously, he can't keep a secret.

Tuesday was our Relief Society Christmas Party.  Since I was in charge, it consumed my day.  We had an excellent time and the menu rocked.  We had prime rib, baked potatoes, green beans and a choice of peppermint or chocolate cheesecake for dessert.  Yum.

Yesterday, Hayden sang with the Dallas Millennial Choir and Orchestra.  I signed him up in the fall and it has been a great experience.  The concert was at the Meyerson Center.  It is a world class performance hall in Dallas and we have been there a few times.  The show was awesome.  I volunteered to be a Stage Mom, so I was unable to take photos.  Sad face, but you can see the choir in action here.  We didn't get to bed until midnight, but still had to get up for school this morning.  There were cranky people at my house today.

The rain started about 11:00am and turned into ice around 6:00pm.  It is supposed to go through tomorrow and possibly the weekend.  We stayed in and watched a movie tonight.  It's going to be a three-day weekend.  Hayden is supposed to go to 5th grade camp on Monday.  He's going to freeze his little hiney off.

No comments:

Post a Comment