Martin made a last minute plan for all of us to go to Oklahoma this weekend for a family dirt biking trip! Could I be so lucky? We went to Lake Murray State Park where we had rented a cabin for our over night. Martin had made arrangements to keep the room longer than check-out so I could have some alone time while they hit the trails. I have to admit I was a little excited.
Well . . .
the hot water didn't work, the murphy bed wouldn't come out of the wall, it took the maintenance guy an hour to get to us and the heater was LOUD - not that I'm complaining. We made it through the night and then the lodge office informed us that we couldn't keep the room because they had RENTED it.
We packed up and all of us went to the campsite. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it was quite cold outside, SO I enjoyed reading my book for five hours while they boys biked. I had a great idea to take pictures for the blog - oops, dead battery.
Martin brought the boys back around 3:00 and I knew something was wrong. He had gotten into some "stuff" and was thrown from his bike. He was having difficulty breathing and thought he might have cracked or broken some ribs. We headed back home, I called for a sitter and we dropped the boys off on the way to the ER.
The x-ray didn't show a fracture, but we were told that sometimes small breaks don't show up on the x-ray. After taking some medication, he started to relax and his breathing got easier.
He is feeling somewhat better today - stayed home from church and will probably stay home tomorrow as well.