Monday, May 16, 2011

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

 I didn't do a Mother's Day post.  Didn't want to get all  mushy, but Henry gave me this cute pink bag that he made at school.  Outside are coupons for things he can do for me.  "Give Mom a Hug" is my favorite.  Inside are many little sentiments that are to be read daily.  So far, this is what we've got.
 Let's see - there's a food related item, oh and another food related item.
 Oh, goodness, another food related item.
Ah, you say, that's not food related.  But wait - he told me he likes the movies because of the popcorn.  Food related!  I won't show you today's.  It said, "I love it when she makes brownies."  I am now a firmer believer in that old "way to a man's heart thing . . ."

On another note - I finished "The House at Riverton" today.  It's by the author of "The Forgotten Garden", Kate Morton.  Both fantastic books.  I will be starting something new tomorrow.  I'll let you know when I decide.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, food does make the boys happy! I remember my food bill when they all lived at home.

    ReplyDelete