Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day, A New Book and Little Lemon Cakes

We relaxed a bit on Memorial Day.  I read Rochelle's blog about visiting Dad's grave and, as usual, it made me feel sad that I couldn't be there, but we will visit Dad, as we always do, when we are in Idaho this summer.  The boys rode dirt bikes in the morning, while I finished one book ( a little creepy) -
 and started another.  This one I will recommend to my book club.  Will let you know how it holds up when I'm completely finished.
 Martin took the boys swimming with some of their friends in the afternoon.  I did put the book down and cooked up a Memorial Day Meal.  We had braised brisket, jell-o salad, baked beans and little Lemon Cakes for dessert.  This is Martin's favorite dessert.  They are made in a jumbo muffin tin.  There is a lemon glaze that goes over the top.  Divine.

1 comment: