Sunday, July 24, 2011

We Left Maine for This?

Martin and I got home veeeeery late Friday night (it was really Saturday morning), and we are asking ourselves why we left cool coastal weather for 100+ degrees with extremely high humidity.  Hmmm, food for thought.  Needless to say, we had five glorious days on the upper east coast and could have stayed longer.
 Martin was attending a conference and the hosting group invited everyone to a harbor cruise on Tuesday night.  This is our view going to our boat.  The buildings on the right are condos.  Nice.
 Lobster traps.  I love you lobster traps.  You are the reason for my existence, for I could not live without lobster stew!  Sorry - off topic . . .
 Our view as our cruiser leaves the harbor.  Portland is such a great city.
 One of the reasons people come to Maine - the lighthouses!
The world's most photographed lighthouse.  Beautiful.

More later.  We have ten days before we go off to California to visit Martin's mother.  I'll try to wrap-up Maine before that adventure begins.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time. I'm jealous that you had fresh lobster, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete