Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Houston, We Have a Problem


We lost our computer connection yesterday.  It came up around bed time last night.  So I had to wait to share my pretties from the Marriage Reunion Trip.
 So, here's the problem with Houston.  Too many choices.  This little piece of fabric is very vintage.  Aren't those little Southern Belles great?
 I could not pass up these guys.
 I am always a sucker for wool.
 Here's my complete stack of fabric purchased.  I'm telling you, Houston was very problematic.
 This is my Marriage Reunion gift from Martin. It an a 1930's era quilt top.  I had never seen this design before.  It is called the Periwinkle design.  Anyone?
 When I first looked at it, I didn't catch that it is a hexagon quilt.
All of the little periwinkles are built between the hexagons.  Genius!
 Here they are - those naughty people at Mulberry Lane who lured me into their Antique Quilts booth.  Look at the size of those squares.
 This semi-Crazy Quilt was spectacular.
Gorgeous.

I'll leave you now with a few more entries from the show itself.  Couldn't leave without showing you the Texas Road Kill Quilt.  (That's an armadillo if you're wondering.)







The International Quilt Show is happening in Houston the first of November.  It happens every year.  Yes, we have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. She who dies with the most fabric wins! You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete