Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

I spent much of today looking at gorgeous homes.  I determined that the one we made the offer on is my second choice.  My first choice has only one problem - it backs up to an apartment complex.  Argh.

The inspection came in clean with the exception of a few minor fixes.  We are meeting with the realtor tomorrow to go over the list.

To date - 2 faux pas:  1.  I showed the house to the prospective buyers with my pants unzipped - didn't notice until they left. 2.  I didn't clean my ovens before the inspection.  It is on my list, but it should have been done.  Now I will be remembered in the future as the woman with the filthy ovens.  Sigh.

We got a counter offer on the offer we made yesterday on my second choice.  It is still a little high, so we will have to counter back.  Also at tomorrow's meeting we will decide if we want to go ahead with house #2 or put in an offer on my favorite.  I am worried about re-sale and the apartments.  Hmmm.

My neck is in knots and thank goodness someone else was leading our Webelos den meeting this afternoon.   No wonder people hate this process.  Ours couldn't be any simpler, but I am feeling the stress of it already.

1 comment: