Saturday, August 11, 2012

Quilt Plano

 I was able to go to Quilt Plano - the Plano, TX Quilt Guild's yearly show.
 I saw so many beautiful quilts.  I couldn't take pictures of them all.  This one won first place in its category and then won Best of Show.
There were several of these Baltimore Album type quilts.  Very popular around here. 
 They had a category for young girls.
 Nice.
 Nice.
 This was a quilt "challenge"  The quilter was given one word and had to interpret it into a small quilt.  The word was "earthquake:.  Her answer was all she could think of would be broken china if an earthquake hit.
 Nice.
 This woman makes quilts of all of her children.  It is all fabric.  Gorgeous.
 Very pretty.
 I thought this was pretty, but I know my boys would say it was "puke green".
This was a beautiful applique - wool on cotton.
 This quilt won some special awards.  I listened to the discourse about it's maker.  It took her 16 months to make the quilt.  All the piecing was done by hand.  
 These are the center pieces.  They have each been stuffed with batting.
The hexagon border pieces are about the size of a nickel.  There are over 10,000 of them.  Unbelievable.

When I got home I was showing Martin some of the photos.  He actually enjoys quilts.  When I finished explaining the making of this one he said, "That woman needs some medical help."

I think that about sums it up.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine the time it takes to produce some of these quilts! It would be fun to have that much extra spare time I suppose. Amazing! I haven't sewn for a few years...went to buy fabric for quilt one day and found out its a lot of money too. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete