Friday, March 15, 2013

You'd Never Know

So last year because of our move, I kindly let birthday month go.  Martin kept telling me it was ok, because I was getting a new house for my birthday.  Agreed.

Anyhoo, my birthday always falls during spring break, so my friends take me out for lunch and fun before and after.  Hence - birthday month.

We didn't travel this year, and we have moved away from many of my birthday celebrating friends, so I have yet to celebrate my birthday.  Sad face.

I figured that the boys had something up their sleeves because they were being so quiet about things.  Last Monday, Martin asked me what we had planned for this weekend. Wink. Wink.  I reminded him that I was having a small medical procedure on Friday, the 15th, but I would be feeling great for Saturday THE 16th!  Wink. Wink.  "Why?"  I asked.

"Oh, well, the boys and I wanted to go to Austin.  They're having a Trials bike competition and we wanted to participate."

I said (calmly), "Oh, what are we doing for my birthday?"

"Isn't that in April?"

Right.

There's still half the month left.  Maybe we can save this.  Wink. Wink.

1 comment: