Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Thoughts

1.  I was not forgotten this year.  Mother's Day happened to the tune of roses, breakfast made for me and one of the best chocolate, strawberry and white buttercream store-bought cakes ever.

2.  Our bunny is gone.  Some man from Richardson responded to an ad that Martin placed and came and took him away.  Why was I not in the loop on this one?  No more bunny dance.

3.  Thank you to my mother and my sisters who taught me how to be a good mother long before I became one.  You didn't think I was watching, but I was.

4.  There were suddenly no piano players in church.  I had to accompany the Young Men and the Primary for both of their Mother's Day songs.  I didn't get to cry.

5.  Both my boys told me I was an "awesome" mom.  They gave me a card with a super-hero mom wearing a cape.  I wish I had a cape.

6.  I am letting the boys watch "Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer" on Sunday.  It is my Mother's Day gift to myself.

7.  Two women showed up to church today and then joined us in RS.  They introduced themselves to us and said they were from the Women's Shelter and were trying to put their lives on a better path.  Oh my heart.  I wish I had courage like that.  I commit to trying to get some.

8.  I watched Henry pass the sacrament for the first time today.  Sniff.  He said "thank you" when someone handed the tray back to him.  I love me some 12-year old boy.  That was the best gift I got for Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment