Wednesday, September 17, 2014

First I Lost My Hard Drive Then I Lost My Mind

I think it started about a month ago.  My computer was lagging - like a lot.  I carefully complained about it a few times and was told that my computer was probably lagging because of all the crud that attaches itself to computers when someone is always on too many websites and doing too much shopping.

Yeah.  Like I believed that.  Kind of.

Anyhoo, it continued and finally I got the computer expert in my house (the same one who mistakenly thought I was having a romance with my computer) to check it out and he concluded that my hard drive was dying.  Thankfully we caught it in time and I didn't lose everything, but we had to get a new hard drive.  And, because someone still believes that my computer can still be harmed by all those "awful" sites that I am always on, he most graciously chose to protect me with a new kind of hard drive and operating system.

Yes, I'm confused too.

What this means is that I have the same old sorry hand-me-down laptop computer that really isn't used that much because I prefer to use my phone, but I am no longer allowed to use Windows. I now use Linux, and operating system that now calls itself Ubuntu.  Right.  This is so compelling.  I know.

So all you need to know is that it works quite differently than what I am used to and it is quite cool, but it isn't kind to me and my photos.  It won't let me blog the same way I'm used to blogging and it's making me a little crazy.

I've been at it a few weeks and am still trying to figure out how to do this.  So,until then, you may only see words from me!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment