Monday, September 1, 2014

Man's World Again

I did say that hunting was on the agenda, but I may have forgotten to mention that fishing is right up there.  The boys had never been bass fishing and I have never eaten bass, so I have been not so excited about it.  I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that it's a southern lake fish and all of the lakes that I have been around down here are muddy and muddier.  I also think my prejudice comes from all those Discovery Channel shows with crazy southern men doing the crazy southern man bass fishing thing.

Anyhoo, Martin took the boys to Lake Texoma, on the Texas/Oklahoma border mind you.  They fished with a guide and brought home truck loads of bass.  We cooked it on Sunday and I was absolutely surprised.  Better than trout, better than salmon.  It's got to be those muddy waters and those even crazier southerners.

No comments:

Post a Comment