Monday, February 23, 2015

Dang That Groundhog

Today was Snow Day I.  Tomorrow is Snow Day II.  We just got the call and, thank goodness, they did it in advance.  Our school district is on it.

Truth be told, it's not really snow at all.  It's ice pellets.  It accumulates and looks like show.  There was less than an inch on the roads, but that was enough to shut down most business and all the schools.  It was slick enough that the boys and their friends were able to sail down our hill as fast as their little sleds would carry them.

We made three batches of hot chocolate throughout the day, and I'm pretty sure I'm still in the pajamas that I woke up in.

I did't do any baking - although the weather called for it.  I read.  I watched movies and read some more.

These days are great, but I'm already feeling a little cooped up.  The groundhog said there would be six more weeks of winter, but I'm ready for it to be over.  Sadly the forecast for this weekend is snow - not ice pellets, but snow.  Thanks, Mr. Groundhog.  Thanks a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment