Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm Intrigued

Bwaa Haa Haa Haa Haa!

I have had this fascination with cemeteries for some time now.  I think it started in Santa Barbara many years ago.  I met a woman there who said you can tell a lot about a town on how people keep their cemeteries.  After our conversation I have always gravitated towards cemeteries and their uniqueness.  Let's just say I'm intrigued!
 I am constantly running into cool, old cemeteries here in Texas. I just haven't had the nerve to stop and do the photo thing.
 However, I couldn't resist this beautiful resting place during our trip to Maine.
 Martin was more than happy to dump me off and let me wander a bit.  He picked me up a few minutes later. I wish I had more time there.
Isn't this something?  Am I a kook?  Anyway, you will probably see more of these in the future!

2 comments:

  1. that's so funny. one of my friends from my study abroad also loved cemeteries. she spent a lot of our free time exploring them. i think that would make me nervous, but i can see how it would be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are cool too. The old headstones were monumental back in the day... a piece of art, if you will. I'll be lucky to have a Popsicle stick with my name written on it.

    ReplyDelete