Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkins and a Good Mystery

 It's a Wolf Pumpkin.  Don't ask me.  It has a big stem - that's all I know.
 These are Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkins.  They're tall.
I have no idea, but they were in the bin marked "Large Mixed Gourds".
 This is how they came together on my porch.  I meant to paint them today, but there was a Texas wind a-blowin'.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.
I didn't think I was a fan of mysteries, but I have read some of Alan Bradley's Flavia books and I really liked them.  Then I heard about these.  They are the Mary Russell series and I couldn't put it down.  This is the first in the series and I think I'm going to read the rest.

1 comment:

  1. Your front porch looks great! I have read two of the Flavia books. I love them. I am ready to get the 3rd one and read it too.

    ReplyDelete