Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It Was Very Eastery

We had a lovely Easter.  I wrestled with myself for many days over what our Easter should be.  I threw out the old Easter baskets when we moved. They were falling apart.  I reasoned that it was time to move on to celebrating more of the resurrection than the Reese's.  So I focused on the meal.  I got the boys to help.  Hayden made the name cards.
 Henry placed the condiments.  I was a little surprised.  He took care with displaying things.
 The food is on the table and we are ready to sit down.
 My boys at their finest. Actually they are starving and can't believe I am asking them to pose for a picture.
 I love the end of the meal when I find interesting things in the kitchen as I am preparing to clean up.  Looks like someone took carving the ham very seriously. 
 I have mixed feelings about our new traditional dessert.  It is Marie Calendar's Razzleberry pie.  Pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour and enjoy.  Yum.  It really does rock.  So simple, but sometimes I miss making the pie.
 I got to use my new Pampered Chef spatula on our Skor cake.  Ok, I have to say this - why is everyone so caught up in the trend of  "poke cakes"?  The Skor cake was always a poke cake, but it was never called that.  Now everyone is copying it and calling the copies "poke cakes".  I think it sounds obscene.  Ok, I'm done.
 Back to Easter - I felt a little guilty in not giving Easter baskets, so I found these little ducks at Tuesday Morning for $3.50 and filled them with orange grass and a movie gift card and a Reese's egg.  What can I say, I semi-caved. 
 I got two of these for $1.00 at Target - one for each of the boys.
 And they very much enjoyed these dark chocolate truffles from Whole Foods.
And if you're wondering what the Easter Bunny does after his around-the-world-in-one-night-extravaganza? He's hiding behind the curtain taking a nap.  For sure.

1 comment:

  1. You are so festive. I love it, and wish I had time to be festive. There is a time and a season... right?

    ReplyDelete