This is what I was working on before we left on vacation. It was a kit with a panel and some borders. It seemed easy enough. My hope was to finish it and bring it to Idaho to have it quilted.
I love the little panel - so excited to put it together. Everything came along nicely until the last border. Somehow I got short-changed on the border fabric. They only cut me a quarter yard.
I panicked then remembered I had purchased a polka dot from the same grouping outside of the kit. I needed 1-1/4 yards. Ugh. I only had one yard.
This was supposed to be the border fabric.
After doing tons of quilting math, I figured out I could not do it, so I ordered more of the dot. I happened to find it online, but none of the other pieces from the collection. It arrived yesterday, and I had to do some improvising to make it work. I'm in the process of sewing on the border and should have it ready to show tomorrow! Curse you cutting table lady!