Tuesday, October 22, 2013

French Macarons

 Hello.  I made these.  From scratch.
From an authentic French recipe.  I took a class from Lorie Fangio - in her home.  She is a charming lady who used to teach cooking classes as Market Street, where I used to take classes from the Royal Chef.  Sadly, they closed it down, so now she teaches out of her home.  I have no idea where the Royal Chef went, but I miss him.  Sigh.

Lorie does a talk radio show about getting families to sit down at the dinner table together.  She is a spokesperson for a chain of restaurants and she will be on Good Morning America in the near future.

These were no walk in the park, but I learned the techniques and I plan to make them again with one of the girls I met in the class.  Eventually I will be able to make them on my own.  They are lovely and are one of my favorite things.

1 comment: