Monday, March 10, 2014

Really?

It took us two days to get to Copper Mountain,Colorado.  We decided to split the drive in two.  It really wasn't bad, except that I started to feel really uncomfortable and tired by the time day one was over.  My back, which has been pretty reliable for the past year, started tightening up and bothering me.

Let's just say I've been hobbling around the condo since we got here last night.  It's a good thing I'm not a skier, because I would be seriously irritated at being lame during vacation.

Martin and Henry are suffering from altitude sickness!  Weird.  Anyway, they had to deliver an oxygen contraption to our room and they have been hooked up to it off and on all day.  They tested Hayden and myself as well and apparently, we are bullet-proof.  No altitude sickness here.

Martin did take Hayden up on the mountain a little this afternoon and came back ready to vomit.  They have been told to sleep under the influence of pure oxygen tonight and then should be feeling better by Wednesday for sure.

We are expecting snow all day tomorrow so they should have some good skiing by the time they are acclimated.

Martin said he would fly me home so I don't have to endure another painful drive back, but the only flight he could find that would take his air miles is on Wednesday.  Hmmmm.

I'm tossing in the towel and heading to bed.  Yes, Scarlett, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment