Wednesday, November 25, 2015

It's Just Thanks

Martin and I are taking a vacation to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.  In September we celebrated our 16th anniversary.  Last year on our 15th, we decided to book a vacation that would be spectacular, but we wanted to save up and plan for it.  So, we made the plan last year and now we are leaving the day after Thanksgiving to go to Austria and Germany to do a River Cruise and visit all of Germany's Christmas Markets.  We are excited!  And Ready.

The boys will be staying with friends while we are gone, so there will be no one around to eat leftovers.  Wah.  So I am abbreviating Thanksgiving to just "Thanks" this year.  Only one pie.  No homemade rolls.  A turkey breast with a few mashed potatoes on the side.  Evil, right?
  
I thought about this long and hard.  I didn't want anyone to feel like we were skipping Thanksgiving - I mean, I live in a houseful of men!

Everyone seems to be ok with it - probably because I started decorating for Christmas a week ago and pushed past the gobble gobble.

That said, I am very excited to spend tomorrow with my family in Thanks.  I love being with them and watching them grow and become wonderful young men.  I love watching Martin spend time with them teaching and recreating and helping them understand their worth as men of God.

I  am THANKFUL!

I wish you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment